Joint Pain Specialist Q&A
If you have joint pain, trust the professionals at Clio Urgent Care to provide you with relief in Clio, MI. For more information, please call us today or simply walk-in. We are located at 4272 W. Vienna Road Clio, MI 48420.
Table of Contents:
The human body is a complex structure composed of many different interworking parts. Among the most intricate parts of the body are joints, which comprise many sensitive tissues, such as bones, ligaments, cartilage, tendons, muscles and synovia. These elaborate structures enable the body to move, with many that act as a hinge. When a joint becomes injured, it commonly results in pain, swelling and inflammation. When this occurs, range of motion is typically limited. Joint pain is a common condition that often requires a medical evaluation to determine the extent of the damage. If joint pain is left untreated, it can result in permanent damage, including severely limited mobility.
Joint pain should be evaluated by a doctor if:
– The area around the joint is tender, swollen, warm to the touch or appears red
– The pain persists for three days or more
– It is accompanied by a fever
Go to the emergency room if:
– You have experienced a serious injury
– The joint appears deformed
– Swelling of the joint occurs suddenly
– The joint is completely immobile
– You have severe joint pain
Joint pain can have many different potential causes, from acute injuries to chronic conditions. The most common causes of joint pain are:
Osteoarthritis — often abbreviated as OA, osteoarthritis can cause the cartilage that serves as a cushion and shock absorber for the joints to breakdown, which often results in pain.
Rheumatoid Arthritis — the second form of arthritis is rheumatoid arthritis, which affects about 1.5 million Americans. It more commonly affects women than men. Over time, it can cause deformities in the joints and even completely debilitate them. RA is an autoimmune disease, and as the body’s immune system attacks the membrane that lines the joints, it can result in pain, inflammation, and fluid buildup in the joints.
Other causes of joint pain include:
– Inflammation of the cushioning pads around joints (bursitis)
– Certain infectious diseases, including mumps, influenza, and hepatitis
– A breakdown of the cartilage in the kneecap, also known as Chondromalacia of the patella
– An injury
– Tendinitis, or inflammation of the tendon
– Infection of the bone or joint
– Overuse of a joint
Joint pain may be a cause for concern if:
– You notice joint swelling
– You experience joint stiffness, especially in the morning
– You are limping
– You hear a crunching or popping sound
– You have trouble sleeping
– You notice inflammation in a single digit
– You have a fever or chills
If you are experiencing joint pain, it is important not to worry. Stress increases the levels of cortisol in the body which can exacerbate pain and prolong recovery times.
If you are in need of a joint specialist, it is important to look for a doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating joint pain. It is also vital that they are experienced in treating your unique condition. Clio Urgent Care is staffed with experienced and knowledgeable joint specialists who can help patients deal with and manage several different kinds of joint pain. Call us or book an appointment today!
If you are experiencing joint pain, come to Clio Urgent Care for professional care today. Our kind and compassionate professionals are experienced in treating joint pain and can help you relieve your pain and live a better quality of life. Call us today to book an appointment, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 4272 W. Vienna Road Clio, MI 48420. We serve patients from Clio MI, Vienna Twp MI, Montrose MI, Birch Run MI, Millington MI, Mount Morris MI, Flushing MI, and Otisville MI.. Looking forward to serve you!